Sunday, January 24, 2010

My many thanks

Dearest friends,

I have finally found a few moments to myself and I would like to use this time to thank everyone for coming on Friday (you all played a part in a special night that I will definitely remember in years to come), for their extra effort and thoughts put into the many gifts (I sincerely hope it was not too stressful!)and just for being there in my life for the how ever many past years.

In particular I would like to give special thank yous for the special ladies in my life who wrote speeches for me (or in one case, just improvised on the spot, which btw you did a pretty good job for an impromptu speech !!)
The ladies (Michelle Li, Winifred Yiu, Pamela Lam, Susie Tang, Emily Chuon and Barbara Chung): First of all: Thank you for the speeches. I have to admit I was dreading it a little bit as you girlies have a lot of dirt on me (I sat down beforehand brainstorming possibilities and surprisingly there were some stuff I'm glad you did not bring up) Of course I was a little bit not sober at the time of speeches so maybe that has a little bit of influence over my perception of your speech. But nonetheless, I still loved it anyway. It was a well thought out speech and it's such a shame not everyone would have been able to hear it.
I would also like to thank Pam and Mish for staying up to work on the photo frame (I'm sorry to hear some nails were sacrificed in the making of it) and to the rest of the ladies for organising the present! Loved every part! Also thank you to Pam for getting the cake (was stressed!) and Winie and Barbie for staying with me hours before the event and their multiple attempts to maintain my 'cool'.
Jennifer Ho: Co-organiser, Compadre and my partner in crime (if I were a criminal haha) Thank you for all your help with the organising (you totally deserve your admin position for the event!) Tis a shame no one would have been able to completely appreciate your balloons... the colours were gorgeous (though they probably would've appeared black or some other colour within the venue) Next event, we'll be more prepared.. we'll go that extra mile with proper invites and all! Much platonic love to you!
Just quickly before I move on, you ladies have been there for me in the past 7 (wow...) years and I can't imagine what my life would be without you. So really, thank you for not just friday but the past 7 years. There are many more to come!
Minh: Dearest Minh. I know I don't have to words to express how much gratitude i feel towards you, not just for the lovely speech you gave on Friday but also for your friendship in the past three years. There were so many moments when I needed a shoulder to lean on that you would offer yours without question or hesitation. I hope you know that I am only too happy to return the favour if ever, and WHENEVER you need it (yes, even 3 am in the morning!)

Alrighties, i think i have said enough thank yous to last me for the next week or so! I will end my post here. ok not yet cos i feel like i need to get one last mega, whopper thank you out to everyone who came! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment